What Do I Do in the Case of a Claim Against My Business?

Whenever an incident occurs at your place of business, job site, or on the road, the first thing you should do – after contacting the police or fire department, if necessary – is to notify your insurer. Even if no claim is ever filed by the injured party or property owner, it is best to have the incident on record. It is a good idea to record the date, time, and nature of the incident immediately, as well as any details that you and your employees remember about the incident, while the memory is still fresh. Security camera footage, if available, should be marked and set aside with other recorded information.

If a claim is filed by an injured party or property owner, it may be a good idea to insist that the claimant communicate only with your insurer, or that they communicate with you only in writing by certified or registered mail. This way, any communications are provable in a court of law, and any misrepresentations (by either party) are well-documented and not dismissible as hearsay. Depending on the nature of the claim, your insurer or agent may give you more specific instructions.

Complete, comprehensive business insurance coverage is like a suit of armor for your business. When you have the right insurance, you are protected against any eventuality. Additionally, when you work with a reputable, dependable insurance agent, you will feel even more secure. The insurance specialists at Insurancequoteonline.com have been helping business owners find the right coverage at the right price for more that 25 years. And Insurancequoteonline.com does not just help businesses in the construction industry; we have helped thousands of small businesses in all fields put together their perfect business insurance package. Let us help your business, too! All you have to do is click for a free quote, or call 1.800.649.9094 to speak with a courteous, knowledgeable insurance specialist.

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply