Who wouldn’t love to save some money on their homeowner’s insurance? There are many decisions to make when choosing the insurance policy that’s right for you, but no matter which plan you pick, there are a ton of ways you can save money if you know where to look.
Here are 5 great ways to save on homeowner’s insurance!
- Compare quotes from a number of leading carriers that specialize in your area. It’s impossible for every provider to be the best in every geographic area, which is why it’s important to see which companies can offer you the best rates specific to where you live, because some are going to have more experience in your neighborhood than others. Comparing rates from leading insurance providers is easy to do at InsuranceQuoteOnline.com, so get to it!
- Install an alarm system. Having an alert system that contacts the police and fire departments directly in the event of an emergency will potentially qualify you for discounts with your insurance provider.
- Weatherproof the outside of your home. High winds, excessive rain, and severe droughts can all take a serious toll on your house if you’re unprepared. Weatherproofing the outside of your house, including trimming trees and large bushes, not only will save you on your premiums, but it decreases the likelihood that you’ll need to file a claim in the first place!
- Replace old and outdated roofing materials. The one-time expense of replacing a roof that’s 10-15 years or older will not only discount your home insurance policy and prevent a number of claims from being filed when damage strikes, but it’ll increase the value of your home as well.
- Replace any old copper piping or old electric wiring that is now outdated or out-of-code. There are a number of insurance providers that will issue you a “new wiring” discount on your policy.
Next week we’ll bring you even more great ways to save on homeowner’s insurance premiums. But don’t forget to compare your rates at InsuranceQuoteOnline.com for the best free quotes you can find online!